Contouring, along with strobing and baking has been a popular trend over the past year. Highlighting and contouring are combined to shape and perfect your face. They enhance features and help embrace your natural structure. It’s all about manipulating light and shadows to accentuate your bone structure.
With Kim Kardashian West dominating the world of makeup and fashion – she made contour a fashion trend. Contour is used to slim and define your face. It can make a forehead appear smaller, it can make the cheeks and nose bridge slimmer and jaw line chiseled. Contouring can seem scary for a beginner but there’s no need. Flawless contour can be achieved with the right products and a simple process of application.
What products do I use?
For a more natural look, use Technic Contour Stix. For a more intense contoured look, try the Technic Colour Fix Cream Foundation Contour Palette as this will give more dramatic results.
- Begin with the darkest colour for the hollows of your cheeks, sides of your nose, forehead and jawline.
- Blend the colour on your cheeks with sweeping motions from the ear to above your lips.
- To blend out the jawline you want to use little product and lightly sweep back and forth, trying not to move the product too far down your neck.
- Then, use the light colour under your eyes and the centre of the forehead. Also, if you bring your contour too far down, a touch of concealer under your cheekbones will give you a sharper effect.
- To bring your cheekbones forwards you want to use the shimmer highlight on the bridge of your nose and the top of your cheekbones. Tip: A touch of highlighter on the cupid’s bow will make your lips much fuller.
- Set the contour with one of our Face Powders which will leave your contoured look in place all day.
You could also do all of these steps with our Colour Fix Pressed Powder Contour Palettes, find them here.
Let us know how you got on by showing us on your social media channels!
FACEBOOK: Technic Cosmetics